Monday, June 13, 2011

Can we do Foreign Right??

I would have to say that I don't know all about foreign countries or their culture besides what I see on Tv, Movie's, and learn in school. I enjoy learning about different countries and their culture. I think sometimes as Americans we think our way is best but how do we really know? Is beause we are a Free country does that make our ways better than anyone elses? I think that we should always be open minded and up for learning about new different ways of life. A  movie for me that come to mind when thinking about american movie's that have foreign aspects in it I would have to say Eat, Pray, Love was a really good view on foreign culture and their life. I felt that this was a movie that didn't give the american perceptive it actually took it all in and I like that because for me you are learning, and being entertained. I do tend to see some american movies that do stereo type but not just for other countries they do it with different races and people in our own country so this is not something new. I think the movie industry is always trying to appeal to it's audience which are americans so you are going to see americanized view of what we think it's like out there!! I think alot of times in movies we always seem to be the smarter more advanced culture and everyone else is kind of behind the times. Which in alot of ways is true because we have all kinds of different culture in our country.

No comments:

Post a Comment