Friday, June 10, 2011

Your My Favorite Station EVER!!!

I Love all kinds of music but more than that I like modern music and music that gets me moving!!! So I always listen to HOT 96.1 out of Evansville, IN. LOVE IT!!! Atom Smasher Show changed my life and that is why I'm here today. I wouldn't be taking this class or majoring in Broadcasting if it wasn't for this station NO Joke... Before I go in to all the class stuff I have to tell you my story because it is really important to me!!! I'am 29 will be 30 soon;((( Drop out of High School when I was to young didn't know what the H*** I was doing. So anyways did all that so I could act like a young crazy person not much different now just more responsible and to many people are counting on me. So I decided at a young age that I wanted to play house and all that jazz let me tell you it isn't all it is cracked up to be!! Not saying that it is a bad thing it is just that saying if I knew then what I know now man I'd be RICH Lol!! Well maybe not rich but more successful person for sure.. So about two and a half years ago my last kid started school and I was stuck home all day by myself and I thought well what in the world am I going to do with my day now can only clean my house so much!! So I got a job at a college and it got me thinking I should get my GED just to show my kids that education is important. So I started going to the career center everyday after work and started studying to get it and to make a long story short within 4 months I had my GED well I was so excited and proud of myself that I thought maybe I could take a couple of college classes. So I looked into it and where I worked offer free classes to their employees after a year of being there so I thought well when my year is up I will start classes. Well in the mean time I would listen to The Atom Smasher Morning Show while at work and one day they were offering listener a chance to be co-hosts on the show. So I thought that would be fun and I wrote into the show telling them why I should be on the radio. Well to my surprise two weeks later I get a call from them and I got picked to be a co-host!! Man I was so scared and excited all at the same time and had no idea what to except so I went and fell in love with it!! From that point on I knew that was what I wanted to do for a job or something like that. The next month I quit my job and enrolled in the local commuity college and never looked back. So here I'am two years later just got my associates in communications and now a WKU college student two more years I will have a Bachelors in Broadcasting couldn't be happier!! I will be 32 years old and just starting in my career field how funny but I couldn't be more excited about it:)) So that is why I picked this Station they have it all great music, good shows and they are everywhere promoting their station. They are of course for the more younger group of people but they play the music I love!! I would have to say that the things they are missing are playing some of the older music and having a show that is maybe a little more informative for people who care like me who like hearing about the new and events around the world. I would like to even hear some of the topics brought up and have people call in and have open discussions about it. I'm a very open minded person and love giving my opinion and hearing others and then discussig their views and why they think like that. Like I said in my intro about me I Love People and want to learn about everyone I meet I think people are interesting and always want to learn more.

No comments:

Post a Comment